Fundraising ideas include:
- Host a ‘Rock your socks off’ dance party, either during a lunch break, or maybe an after-school disco fundraiser with a gold coin contribution.
- Hold a ‘Walk in someone else’s shoes’ day and bring in clothes to donate to a charity, share the clothes with classmates and wear something that is not your own for the day.
- Hold a ‘Tech-free’ day and research education around the world using books and storytelling (ask parents, grandparents, teachers, aunts etc.). Make a children’s book and sell these.
- Hold a Movie day, with a movie that focuses on issues such as supporting vulnerable children and ask for donations.
- Hold a Trivia event, find out as much as you can about Ghana and make up questions for children to answer. You can sell tickets to raise money.
Please contact your local Catholic Mission Diocesan Director or phone 1800 257 296 should you need any extra information or resources, and to inform us of your fundraising activities. Your Catholic Mission Diocesan Director will also be able to provide suggestions for making your fundraising more effective in your school.